Centre and End Loading Car PWS 3.
Originally built by the South Australian Railways at the Islington Workshops on 31 March 1914 as first class suburban centre and end loading car number 358. It was converted to second class on 1st July 1929 and then converted again by the SAR at Islington Workshops during 1966/67 into permanent way Sleeper car number 3.
The Museum purchased it in 1990 for $1500 from ANR and it arrived in April 1991 funded by donations from the Milang Progress Association ($1000) and the Milang Historic Society ($500). Steamranger moved it to Strathalbyn and then by low loader to Milang. It was installed using large house jacks and the corrugated iron roof was added later to protect the original clerestory roof.
SAR Non-powered car 831
Originally built by the South Australian Railways at the Islington Workshops in April 1918 as suburban baggage car number 458. It was converted by the SAR at Islington Workshops during December 1969, into Redhen non-powered car number 831. It was purchased from Steamranger for $1500 when they moved to Mt Barker and came from Dry Creek by Campbell low loader. The corrugated iron roof was added later to protect the original clerestory roof.